Lots of people debate the usefulness of resolutions. I personally used to avoid them like the plague, but recently I’ve taken a liking to them. I definitely include fun resolutions along with the ones that are more along the lines of personal improvement. What resolutions do you make? Are you good at keeping them?
Last year my resolutions were written on paper and hung in my cube at work, where I saw them every day. They included the following:
- A1C below 7.8 (crushed it!)
- Read 52 books (not quite, and I didn’t keep great track on my trip)
- Take one international trip for fun (yeah… I think I got this one)
- Get 2000 miles via my fitbit tracking (1788, not too far off and a huge improvement from the 1200 the year before)
- Empty the liter box at least 2x a week (yes, I’m a horrible cat mom on this one, and I can’t say yay or nay to it because I was gone too long for it to count)
Now for this year’s resolutions. I guess maybe these are more like goals than resolutions, because they’re more specific, and I have a plan on how to conquer each one. Which also means they’re more likely to happen.
- Keep A1C below 7.8 (may have slipped up over the holidays, but I’m prepared to be back on track shortly)
- Read 52 books (I thought about lowering the number, but I know I can do this)
- Watch 52 movies I’ve never seen before (turns out I like never watch movies and so I can never comment on them)
- Run 1 race per month (fast, slow, serious, fun, short, long; it doesn’t matter)
- 2000 miles via my Fitbit (should be easier with all these races to prep for)
- Exercise 4 days a week (sadly, curling doesn’t count for this, need to be sweaty for it to count)
- Empty liter box 2x per week (I have no excuses here)
- And finally, the one I’ve debated sharing: Improve my dental hygiene (I will just not go into details)
I was trying to give you ways to connect with me to see how these are going over the year, but I can’t figure out how to find the info to do that from either goodreads or mapmyrun! Oh well, I’ll just have to keep you updated on here.
Now to wait another 11 months to see how I do on all of these!